Friday, August 3, 2012

Teacher Survival Kit

My little sister starts her first year as a fourth grade teacher on Monday! I'm going to see her soon, so I decided I would put together a survival kit for her. I browsed pinterest for ideas, but didn't see anything I liked, so then I shopped my house for ideas and below is the final product! 


First and foremost, I put in some first-aid items. As a nurse, I think this is the most important! I tried to include things that would help her stay healthy throughout the year. As a student teacher last year, she contracted several colds, the flu, and pink eye! So she will definitely need to use the anti-bacterial wipe I included (I would have also included some hand sanitizer, but didn't have any that was new!). Also included is some "Emergen-C" (Vitamin C), band-aids, neosporin, cough drops, tylenol, motrin,and tissues!


Next I included some self maintenance items, such as brush-ups, a stain remover wipe, nivea lotion, and nail polish remover. I put in a glade candle that was called "serenity" as well as a pocket mirror which says "smile". 


Next up were school supplies (which sissy probably will deem most important!). I included scissors, note cards, a monogrammed notebook, index cards, stickers, sticky notes, highlighter, pens, paper clips, push pins, safety pins, and a rubber-band.


And lastly, I included something good to eat! I included some popcorn, almonds, and apple cider drink mix. I don't think she will drink this, but I also included some 5 hour energy, for those long days with 10 year olds! I would have added some chocolate but was afraid it would melt in this heat! I might add a granola bar too.


And there you have it! A teacher survival kit! At the end, I also added a water bottle, red pen, and sewing thread with needle. Best part was that this was all free! Everything in it I already had in my house. Even the monogrammed notebook, which I had ordered a week earlier from vistaprint (for free!) before I even had this idea. Anything else you can think of that needs to be included? I hope she is going to like it! 


1 comment:

  1. So cute! she will love it. I still can't believe she is married and a teacher!

    ReplyDelete